Co-operatives Fortnight: get involved, it’s easy!
Co-operatives Fortnight 19 June – 3 July is the brainchild of Co-operatives UK, promoting co-operatives and co-operation across the UK.
To celebrate Co-operatives Fortnight and to show everyone how easy it is to get involved, we’re asking everyone to make a pledge to be more co-operative.
It’s really easy to do. Here are some things you could try without making any big changes.
- Buy from your local community shop or farmers market
- Try co-operative services like the Phone Co-op
- Buy wholefoods e.g. coffee or nuts from Equal Exchange or Not Just Nuts
- Buy in bulk with a group of friends to get lower prices – that’s a buyers co-operative
- Go to or organise an event for Co-operatives Fortnight
- Try something co-operative like lift sharing or using Freecycle
- Become a member of a credit union
- Find out more about co-operatives by seeing ‘What is a co-operative?‘
So visit www.walescoop.com/pledge/ and tell us what you’re going to do to support co-operatives during Co-operatives Fortnight!
More information about Co-operatives Fortnight can also be found on the website www.thereisanalternative.org.