Can you help us? Information request about LAs and social enterprises
Can you help us to identify Welsh local authorities that have been working closely with social enterprises? Ideally, we’re looking for authorities that:
- Involve social enterprises at an early stage in the commissioning process
- Inform heads of departments and elected members of the benefits of working with social enterprises
- That have addressed the procurement process and the barriers that social enterprises often face e.g. size of contracts, complexity of process, timeline for completing applications
- That use social clauses to facilitate the added value of social enterprise activity
- That have a central contact point (‘champion’) for social enterprises
If you can offer any information on this, please could you get in touch with Donna Coyle, Research & Development Officer at the Wales Co-operative Centre – email@example.com. Many thanks.