Free seminars – development of community co-operatives
The Wales Co-operative Centre is running a short series of free seminars in 2012.
We want to encourage the development of community co-operatives that allow members to invest in the regeneration of their communities, to give people a voice and allow them to be part of the regeneration process. This seminar is aimed at people who are interested in finding out more about community co-operatives and community shares.
This seminar will provide:
- Information on how money can be raised from individuals in a community through the issuing of Community Shares. It will provide examples of communities that have used the Community Shares model to raise finance to invest in their communities and develop facilities such as community owned pubs and shops.
- Information on how you can motivate and engage community members.
- Advice on suitable co-operative structures.
- Practical tips on developing a share offer document.
- Information on the pros and cons of developing a community share initiative.
Who should attend?
- Key decision-makers and policy advisors
- Community development workers
- Community activists
- Community First co-ordinators and support staff
- Community regeneration specialists
- Economic development specialists
- Grant givers and funding bodies
- Anyone interested in setting up community share schemes
North Wales – Llanrwst on Tuesday 10 January 2012, 10am -1pm. Closing date for this seminar is 12pm Thursday 22 December
South East Wales – Merthyr on Tuesday 13 March 2012, 10am -1pm. Closing date for this seminar is 12pm 1 March
South West Wales – Swansea on Tuesday 12 June 2012, 10am -1pm. Closing date for this seminar is 12pm 1 June.
How to book:
Download a booking form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post your form to: Training, Wales Co-operative Centre, Llandaff Court, Fairwater Road, Cardiff, CF5 2XP
Fax your form to: 0300 111 5051
If you have any difficulties in booking, please contact us on 029 2055 6194.
Please note the Community Co-operatives using Community Shares seminars are free to attend, but a cancellation fee applies.