Free seminar – Regenerating Communities through Co-operatives – Porth, Tuesday 30th April
Locally owned co-operatives such as Bron Afon Community Housing and RCT Homes do a fantastic job of providing local services and creating employment. If you’d like to know more about the co-operative approach and how it can be replicated in other communities in South Wales, book your place on this free seminar.
The Wales Co-operative Centre is keen to help communities across Wales to help themselves. We want to encourage the development of community co-operatives that engage with community members, provide vital services and create much needed jobs.
This seminar is aimed at people who are interested in finding out more or want to set up a community co-operative in their area.
Where and when?
• Porth, Too Good to Waste, Tuesday 30 April 2013, 10am – 1pm
This seminar will provide:
• Historical background to the co-operative movement
• Co-operative Principles and their relevance in today’s society
• Information on the pros and cons of developing a Community co-operative
• Issues to think about when setting up a community co-operative
• Information on suitable co-operative structures
• Examples of successful community co-operatives
Who should attend?
• Key decision-makers and policy advisors
• Community development workers
• Community activists
• Community First co-ordinators and support staff
• Community regeneration specialists
• Economic development specialists
• Grant givers and funding bodies
• Anyone interested in setting up community share schemes
Book your place now by completing our online booking form. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment!