#socialsaturday supporting businesses with backbone
Today is the first ever Social Saturday (#socialsaturday), a day to celebrate consumer facing social enterprises in Wales, the quality goods they offer and the contribution they make to their communities. It is part of the Wales Co-operative Centre’s‘ Go Full Circle’ campaign to raise awareness of consumer facing social enterprises and encourage more people in Wales to buy from them.
Why not join the Wales Co-operative Centre team, who are supporting local social enterprises by:
- Going for a coffee in a social enterprise café – such as St Catherine’s Church in Pontypridd
- Having a pint in a community owned pub – like Saith Seren in Wrexham
- Visiting a leisure centre or tourist attraction which is run as a social enterprise – like Picton Castle or one of the Celtic Leisure Centres in Neath Port Talbot
- Attending a performance at a social enterprise – such as Galeri or Scala Prestatyn
- Buying something from a social enterprise shop or market – for example Riverside Market, Sussed, Fair Do’s or Llanmadoc shop
You can find a social enterprise near you at this online directory, where you can also read about what social enterprises can achieve.
Tell the world about your experiences by Tweeting with the hashtag #socialsaturday.